Built at the foot of Paiko, Goumenissa, with a population of 4500 inhabitants, is only 65 km from Thessaloniki. The town was created during the first years of the Turkish rule with the amalgamation of agricultural settlements around the powerful monastery of Panagia. The area developed into an important wine and sericulture center. From 1922 to 1925, a significant number of refugees from Eastern Romilia (Northern Thrace) and Pontus settled in Goumenissa, who enriched the local tradition with new elements. Among them is the Tatsis family. Far away in time and place, the involvement of the Tatsis family with vines and wine began, which originates from Ano Bodeno in Eastern Romilia, a wine-growing region for centuries. In 1924, the refugee grandparents chose the also wine-growing Goumenissa as a place of settlement.
The Tatsis family, from 1924 onwards, acquired vines on the hill of Limbaskerit and Gerakona, with a total area of 150 acres, locations ideal for viticulture on limestone soils that are not irrigated.
Since 1998 the cultivation of the vines has been certified organic, and since 2002 they have been cultivated with the method of biodynamic cultivation, with a hectare yield of 300 to 700 kg per hectare. In the wines produced on the estate, no oenological additives and improvers are used. But this also requires an uncontaminated space from the above materials. The vinification since 2007 takes place in the new family winery and no oenological additives have been used in the production process. The wines are aged in French and American oak barrels of different sizes. Annual production averages 60,000 bottles.